Overview: The Marketing Manager is responsible for developing and implementing marketing strategies to promote the mission, programs, and services of a non-profit news site. The marketing manager reports directly to the publisher.
- Marketing Strategy Development:
- Collaborate with senior leadership to define marketing goals, objectives, and target audiences.
- Develop comprehensive marketing strategies that align with The Watchdog’s mission and values.
- Conduct market research and analyze trends to identify opportunities for program and service promotion.
- Campaign Planning and Execution:
- Create and implement marketing campaigns to raise awareness and drive engagement.
- Develop compelling messaging and content for marketing channels, including print, digital, and social media.
- Monitor campaign performance, analyze data, and make data-driven adjustments to optimize results.
- Digital Marketing Management:
- Oversee the organization’s digital marketing channels, including website, email marketing, social media, and online advertising.
- Develop and execute digital marketing campaigns to increase brand visibility, website traffic, and online engagement.
- Use analytics tools to measure and track the effectiveness of digital marketing efforts.
- Branding and Communications:
- Maintain and enhance The Watchdog’s brand identity and ensure consistent messaging across all marketing channels.
- Develop and manage content for website and all other communication platforms.
- Manage freelance vendors to create impactful visual assets, such as graphics, videos, and infographics.
- Event Planning and Community Outreach:
- Coordinate and promote events, fundraisers, and community outreach initiatives with development director.
- Represent The Watchdog at community events and engage with stakeholders to increase awareness and support.
- Budgeting and Reporting:
- Develop and manage the marketing budget, ensuring effective allocation of resources.
- Prepare regular reports and presentations on marketing performance, including key metrics, goals, and outcomes.
- Stay up-to-date with marketing trends, technologies, and best practices relevant to the non-profit sector.
Qualifications and Skills
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, communications, or a related field (relevant work experience may be considered in lieu of a degree).
- Experience is marketing journalism is not required but a plus
- Proven experience in marketing, preferably in the non-profit sector.
- Strong understanding of marketing principles and strategies.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Proficiency in digital marketing channels, including social media platforms, email marketing, and content management systems.
- Experience with analytics tools to measure and understand marketing performance.
- Strong project management and organizational skills.
- Creative thinking and the ability to generate innovative and effective marketing ideas.
- Ability to work collaboratively with cross-functional teams and manage external vendors.
- Passion for and commitment to the mission and values of Asheville Watchdog.
Note: This job description serves as a general overview. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on the organization’s specific needs.
To apply: Please send your resume with the job title in the subject line to firstname.lastname@example.org.